There are a lot of ways to share videos from Facebook to Instagram but most lack simplicity. They’re far too complicated to follow and limited to just the phone or tablet; they don’t apply to computers.
Well, there is an easy way to download and share Facebook video to Instagram using your phone, tablet, or computer. These steps will guide you accordingly on how to do it.
1. Copy the link address or the URL of your Facebook video by clicking the three dots (…) on the top right of the video and select “copy link”.
If you’re using phone or tablet, go to your Facebook mobile app and like with the desktop site, click on the three dots (…) on the top right and select “copy link”.
2. Go to Facebook Video Downloader, paste the link on the box, and click the “Download Now” button on the right.
3. You can save the video in MP4 (default format) or you could further specify its quality, format, and target size. Sometimes, you can download Facebook videos in High Definition.
4. If you’re using your phone or tablet it is easier to share the Facebook video to Instagram by uploading it the usual way because the video will be saved directly in your files or gallery.
On the other hand, if you’re on your computer or laptop, you could transfer the video file from your PC to your phone via cable or email.
Of course, there’s also a way to directly post the video to your Instagram account. It is a bit complicated but it would save a lot of time and effort from transferring files. Here are the steps:
1. On your desktop browser, go to www.instagram.com and log in to your account.
2. When you’re already on your feed, right click on either the left or right white corners and select “inspect” or “inspect element” (this might not apply for some computers).
3. When a window on the right pops up, look for the “Toggle device toolbar” that looks like a small phone and a larger screen that resembles a tablet.
It’s located at the top left of that pop-up window in between the “Select the element in the page to inspect it” and “Elements”. When you click it, it should turn blue.
After you’ve toggled or clicked it, you will notice your feed will change and it will look like the one on your mobile device.
4. Refresh the page then close the pop-up window.
5. Just like on the mobile app, click on the plus (+) sign at the bottom and post the video you recently saved from Facebook.
Those are the steps on how to download Facebook video to Instagram. You can do it directly on all your devices—computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
All in all, you can save a video and share it to your Instagram either directly (through Instagram’s website) or by transferring the file to your phone and posting it through the Instagram app.